Skip to main content

Meeting Tony Goldwyn

After seeing and listening to Kerry Washington yesterday, here is a throw-back post to me meeting Tony Goldwyn at Vidiots Foundation in LA in November 2015.
I got to meet Tony today! It was such a fun and cool experience! 
I saw Tony in flesh and blood last March at Paley, and really enjoyed the experience. It was super crazy and crowded though, so when I heard about this event (thanks Dara!), I thought I should go to get a more “intimate” interaction with Mr. Goldwyn. And boy was it not intimate. I don’t know how many we were, maybe 30-40 people max? Kudos to Vidiots of Santa Monica for organizing this, but not kudos for bad planning. We started late (which is OK), but then the next event’s people were waiting for us to leave so that they can start theirs. I felt like Tony had some time to stay a bit longer but they ushered us out.
Tony looks so damn fine in real life! The screen and pictures don’t really do him justice! There is no way he is 55! (or he is drinking from the youth fountain, see where I am going with this?)
Tony came in, we got the introductions out of the way, and they showed the video of most notable Presidents on TV. They started with a speech Fitz did in S1, and finished with Olitz pilot Oval Office scene. That was SUCH an interesting experience to watch sexy Olitz time with Tony sitting right there, I felt like I am watching something highly inappropriate :-)
Once the Periscope started, which was done from Tony’s iPhone, his phone went off and he saw (from his watch) that his “wife” was calling. The dude holding the phone confirmed that the name “Jane” was displayed on the phone. Tony announced at that that his “wife” didn’t know that he was doing the panel… Umm, why doesn’t your “wife” know what you are doing? But I am digressing….
I am not going to re-cap all questions and discussions as it is all on Periscope. It was all in all a great panel. We really talked back and forth because there were just so few of us, and it was great to have eye contact with him (I “suggested” that he watched Madam Secretary when conversation went into modern political shows)
I was mad on Tony’s behalf when that article about Fitz being the worst TV character was brought up. I don’t think Tony takes it to heart, but I think he was truly befuddled that Fitz made the list when some other “deserving” characters (cough Mellie, cough Cyrus, cough Jake) were not among the honorees…. 
The number of times this man brought up Kerry in conversation was insane! It was more or less like this: any conversation, no matter where it starts or ends, somehow has Kerry in it :) “All roads lead to Kerry!” 
I LOVED the low-key shade towards Shonda when Tony mentioned that he had issues with what Fitz does in an episode (it was the proposal scene), and Shonda basically replied to him saying “I don’t tell you how to act, don’t tell me how to write”. He joked about it, but I was speechless. Dear Shonda! What the F??? When you have a smart, talented, amazing individual such as Tony Goldwyn on your cast, who would like to have a conversation with you about his character, you should listen with all your ears… 
He also said something interesting about TV contracts, something along the lines “if you sign up, it is for 6 years of your life, and they own you”. Which led me to believe that there will be indeed 6 seasons of Scandal? Even if it is a short season, I guess there will be one more? Unless I am reading too much in what he said. 
As a side note, it was truly great to meet so many people! I have never met anyone from Twitter/Tumbler before who is also a dedicated Gladiator, so that was such an awesome experience too!
P.S. Merri Howard was there too. I have no clue why se would be there? To keep an eye on Tony not saying anything outside of what was agreed on? Really didn’t make sense to me. 
To sum up, I highly recommend getting out to meet Tony (or Kerry, or anyone who you are fangirling or fanboying about). I am still high on adrenalin and emotions from this short encounter, and I have not stopped smiling for hours!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The magic of Harry Potter is real!

I was going through the pictures on my phone from my December trip to the UK, and got really nostalgic going through my memories from Warner Brothers Studio Tour on the old set of Harry Potter movies. If you are not a Potterhead, you can’t really understand my nostalgia now or my excitement then when I visited the place. But if you grew up with Harry, Ron and Hermione, love the movies and is a fan in general, I am very happy to share with you what I saw. The people behind the studios did a wonderful job of recreating the feeling of magic that Harry Potter world has as well as the sense of wonder I am sure all cast and crew members shared while working on these wonderful movies for over 10 years in a row. The studio tour starts with a short film of how the books and later the movies came to be (cue tears for romantic and nostalgic idiots like me). And then the Great Hall doors open and you are part of magic! The Great Hall with Christmas Decorations Robes and food!

Michelle Obama at SXSW

How often do you get a chance to be in the same room with The First Lady of the United Sates? How often is that lady in question is someone that you actually admire, follow and look up to? How often does she attend a panel that is also moderated by Queen Latifah, with fellow panelists being Missy Elliott, Diane Warren and Sofia Bush? Well, it all happened at one during "Let Girls Learn" keynote panel at South by Southwest, and I just knew I had to attend it, because it was truly an opportunity of a lifetime. I knew I needed to get up early to get into the room with all these powerhouse ladies who were scheduled to attend the panel, and getting up at 5AM to see them definitely paid off, I had the best seats! The panel was dedicated to the conversations around First Lady's initiative "62 Million Girls" or "Let Girls Learn" where Mrs. Obama shared with us her dreams and plans to bring education to 62 million girls out there in the world who curren

Grandma's Marathon Memories

After a super disappointing Spring, where I missed 3 big races because I was either sick, or traveling, or totally undertrained, I have FINALLY made it to the starting (and finish) line of another marathon. WOO HOO!! I heard about Grandma's marathon from other runners, and it was only praise and accolades. A running friend of mine was also planning to be there to run the half, it was only two weeks after my DNS at Newport marathon, so the timing to give it another try was perfect. OK, maybe not perfect, as I do think I messed up my taper with so much traveling and running all over the place and my schedule. But as my coach reminded me after my race, the lead up and training are rarely ideal. You do need to show up at least somehow prepared, otherwise the 26.2 miles will chew you up and spit you out, but maybe not every single thing has to be perfect. Well, my not-so-perfect trip to Minnesota started with me eating some bad taco at Austin airport and getting some issues with m