Skip to main content

T-12 Until London Marathon

In twelve short days, I will be toeing the line of my second marathon. I am running London and I am super excited!

My current running goal is to do all 6 Marathon Majors (Chicago, London, NYC, Berlin, Boston and Tokyo). I still have a long list to go in order to tick them all off as completed (I have done only Chicago up until now) but I am looking forward to this challenge.

Running has really made me into a stronger, more focused, balanced, happier (and of course fitter) person :). I did not know until I started running in January 2016 (so a bit over a year ago) that I have so much discipline in me, and I still need to put more structure around my training!

I can't wait to come to London (my absolute favorite place on earth) and take on those 26.2 miles. I am still quite unsure what my goal time is. I ran my first marathon in 4 hours and 2 minutes, so I definitely want to take my time to under 4 hours. Apart from that, I will see how I feel on the race day and either go out and take my chances or just stay calm and focused.

I know for sure I will enjoy every step I take (fingers crossed I stay healthy!!) and will see what happens. I put all the work required now, and am just enjoying the taper at the moment, and can't wait to jump on the plane and go into the land of Harry Potter, pubs and sticky toffee pudding!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The magic of Harry Potter is real!

I was going through the pictures on my phone from my December trip to the UK, and got really nostalgic going through my memories from Warner Brothers Studio Tour on the old set of Harry Potter movies. If you are not a Potterhead, you can’t really understand my nostalgia now or my excitement then when I visited the place. But if you grew up with Harry, Ron and Hermione, love the movies and is a fan in general, I am very happy to share with you what I saw. The people behind the studios did a wonderful job of recreating the feeling of magic that Harry Potter world has as well as the sense of wonder I am sure all cast and crew members shared while working on these wonderful movies for over 10 years in a row. The studio tour starts with a short film of how the books and later the movies came to be (cue tears for romantic and nostalgic idiots like me). And then the Great Hall doors open and you are part of magic! The Great Hall with Christmas Decorations Robes and food!

Michelle Obama at SXSW

How often do you get a chance to be in the same room with The First Lady of the United Sates? How often is that lady in question is someone that you actually admire, follow and look up to? How often does she attend a panel that is also moderated by Queen Latifah, with fellow panelists being Missy Elliott, Diane Warren and Sofia Bush? Well, it all happened at one during "Let Girls Learn" keynote panel at South by Southwest, and I just knew I had to attend it, because it was truly an opportunity of a lifetime. I knew I needed to get up early to get into the room with all these powerhouse ladies who were scheduled to attend the panel, and getting up at 5AM to see them definitely paid off, I had the best seats! The panel was dedicated to the conversations around First Lady's initiative "62 Million Girls" or "Let Girls Learn" where Mrs. Obama shared with us her dreams and plans to bring education to 62 million girls out there in the world who curren

Grandma's Marathon Memories

After a super disappointing Spring, where I missed 3 big races because I was either sick, or traveling, or totally undertrained, I have FINALLY made it to the starting (and finish) line of another marathon. WOO HOO!! I heard about Grandma's marathon from other runners, and it was only praise and accolades. A running friend of mine was also planning to be there to run the half, it was only two weeks after my DNS at Newport marathon, so the timing to give it another try was perfect. OK, maybe not perfect, as I do think I messed up my taper with so much traveling and running all over the place and my schedule. But as my coach reminded me after my race, the lead up and training are rarely ideal. You do need to show up at least somehow prepared, otherwise the 26.2 miles will chew you up and spit you out, but maybe not every single thing has to be perfect. Well, my not-so-perfect trip to Minnesota started with me eating some bad taco at Austin airport and getting some issues with m